Monday 19 December 2016

P is for Pin



Usually when I am laying out blocks for a quilt I use sticky labels to keep the blocks in order, but these can come unstuck and are not reusable. In preparation for the Morris Hexathon quilt, I bought some flower-headed pins and some alphabet beads and spent an evening making a set of alphabet pins. The beads were stuck on the pins using Gutermann HT2 glue applied with a cocktail stick and I resisted the temptation to spell out rude words as I stabbed the pins into the ironing board to dry.


As I has some beads left over, I made a few more sets and took them along to the Christmas meeting of the Leeds MQG to contribute to the festivities.


Thankfully now I have run out of some letters otherwise I think I would still be making these. Though I now need to find a use for alphabet beads with no letters H, V or S.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I’d like to be able to respond where appropriate - if you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address.